Covid-19 Safety Protocol
Your Safety is Our Priority
The health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, vendors, and staff will always be our highest priority and will guide each decision we make in the planning and execution of PCB East.
Face-to-face events have been greatly affected by Covid-19, and as we continue to adapt, we want to reassure you that we will focus on:
- Working in partnership with the State of Massachusetts, the City of Marlborough, MA, and the Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center
- Closely monitoring government mandates, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and public health protocols.
- Selecting suppliers that can meet our health and safety regulations
These guidelines will remain subject to change as we keep pace with new information and medical advice. Our commitment is to your health during PCB East and to ensure a successful and safe face-to- face event.
What can you expect?
- Social Distancing and Personal Contact – All attendees, exhibitors and staff will be encouraged to keep a safe distance in between each other while networking and refrain from handshakes or any form of physical contact.
- Registration Check-In – Counters will be spaced apart to allow for more space between attendees and a clearer path to exit. Attendees will have the ability to scan their own phone for check in and print and retrieve their own badge, thus minimizing contact at check in. Registration counters and equipment will have dedicated cleaning staff and will be cleaned with disinfectant wipes continuously during the event.
- Expo Floor Plan – Our current floor plan will remain as is since at this time booths are not required to be spaced 6′ apart. Exhibitors will be notified should this or any other aspect of the floorplan need to be adjusted.
- Conference Classrooms – All classrooms will follow the requirements of the facility and be spaced apart accordingly to create a safe space for learning. In addition, classrooms will be sanitized in between every session.
- Food & Beverage – All food and beverage items available will be pre-packaged and individually wrapped. There will be no buffets or open food stations. In addition, all utensils and cups will be disposable, biodegradable products.
- Pre-event Communications – Updates to PCB East’s health and safety measures will be communicated through our website, emails, and social media channels.
- Event Signage – Clear and concise health and safety signage will be displayed throughout the event.
- Facility Deep Clean – The facility will be required to deep cleaning prior to PCB East. In addition, during the event, additional cleaning of classrooms, bathrooms, high-traffic areas will be scheduled every day.
- Exhibitor Booths – As we progress towards the live event, there may be some restrictions within your booth space such as number of booth representatives, number of handouts to reduce contact, use of digital materials only, etc. We will keep you informed as we learn more specifics from the facility.
- Sanitizing Stations – Hand sanitizing station will be located throughout the facility. In addition, individual bottles of sanitizer will be available for all at registration check-in. We strongly recommend you keep this on your person.
- Waste Collection – More frequent collection and disposal of waste during the event.
- Effective cleanliness – Using only cleaning products and protocols that meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria, airborne and blood borne pathogens.
- Face Masks – Face masks will likely be required during the event. However, we will follow the facility’s guidance and mandates at the time of the event.
It is important that we all respond responsibly and transparently to these health precautions.